Sunday, October 18, 2009

MORE ON FALL IN CULVER CITY

There is this street near our house covered in trees. Below are photos from when I walked down the street and another overhead of the street (trees on left). It's quite an unusual to see so many trees in Los Angeles, and its especially refreshing on a sunny day.


Also, we are new to Culver City so I don't know if this is a weird anomaly or what, but everyday since we've been here I have noticed as the sun sets hundreds of crows come from God knows where and sit in about a five block radius on telephone wires and trees. This is a very surreal, funny, and slightly creepy experience. The best part (depending on your sense of humor) is not only can you hear them cawing, but their defecating on the street. Every time I walk under their main hang out spots I walk a bit faster and pray it doesn't land on me. It happened once in high school, and is not a fun experience.

It starts with one or two.
Three or four.
And turns into this, sometimes more.
Lastly, I made some pumpkin cupcakes yesterday with vanilla buttercream frosting. Thank you Martha Stewart and Food Network for recipes. Together this was an amazing combo. I added a little pumpkin spice to the frosting to enhance the pumpkin flavor in the cupcake. They taste like a slightly sweeter and much moister pumpkin scone from Starbucks. So the good news is I now know how to make these delicious treats and plan to eat them in place of buying pumpkin scones most of the time. So bad news for Starbucks, and also for my waste line. But hey that's what holidays are for, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment