Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A GREAT QUOTE BY A GREAT PHOTOGRAPHER

Sometimes I forget why I love photography. Sometimes I even forget that I am a photographer, but I think the reason I became one (even if it's not a sustaining career) is because it gives me a chance to be intimate with my surroundings. It reminds me to really see things and express my unique vision of the world. Sometimes I fail, and sometimes I lose the ability to find an image in all the chaos, but ultimately I love photography and all its possibilities.

A few weeks ago I went to see the MOCA'S FIRST THIRTY YEARS exhibit, and was reminded of all this through a great photographer whose ideas about photography I share.

"I’m not a premeditative photographer. I see a picture and I make it. If I had a chance, I’d be out shooting all the time. You don’t have to go looking for pictures. The material is generous. You go out and the pictures are staring at you" -Lee Friedlander


Just a few of my favorites of the great Lee Friedlander






No comments:

Post a Comment