Sunday, July 18, 2010

VEGAS: CITY OF VISUAL WONDERMENT


So I have been to Vegas about a dozen times, most before I turned 21. People always asked me what I did there when I wasn't of drinking and gambling age. I always told them the same thing. "I take photos". This time I was of age, and indulged in a little of sin city's debauchery, but mostly I still just take photos. I find Vegas one of the most interesting places to photograph. It's almost hard to keep up with all the photo possibilities and filter out the interesting ones.




We went with a friend from England, who had never been. So we tried to do as much of The Strip as possible. We walked from 11am to 1am only stopping to eat and drink.
We only got 2/3 of the way through before we had to stop. Then we went to Downtown! I didn't take many photos there. :(






I hadn't been in almost 6 years, and had forgotten how visually overwhelming it was. There has been a lot of growth since I last went. The Aria and City Center were by far the most interesting new developments architecturally. I also had one of the best fruit smoothies ever at the Aria: Pineapple, Strawberry, Banana.







1 comment: