Monday, December 6, 2010

MY HOMETOWN: DOWNTOWN DALLAS

I decided to interrupt my Europe postings for a minute and go back to my hometown. I will miss it during the holidays, but am going back soon after.

I took these the day after our wedding since we had some time to kill and were staying downtown. The first few are of my favorite building in Dallas, The Fountain Place. The building mostly just houses offices, but outside lies an unexpectedly serene water garden. They do wedding receptions at the downstairs restaurant, Avanti, and sometimes you will see photographers capturing the wedding party in the water garden. In an ideal world I would have liked to have some of our wedding photos done here, but it didn't come to pass. I didn't take any photos of the actual fountains because most are shut off on Sundays. I do have some in my film library somewhere. It was one of the places I first photographed when I started doing photography. I love just sitting here on a nice day, listening to the fountains and watching the reflections change in the buildings.


The Fountain Place reflected in another building.


The Fountain Place peeking into in the background.

A photo of Anna sitting peacefully outside, at The Fountain Place

No comments:

Post a Comment